Giant posters are great visual aids to enhance educational topics. In addition to species identification, they can represent 2-D Models for science processes and progressions. Print out the 8.5 x 11" sections and piece them together into giant, eye catching posters for the classroom or other educational displays. This activity also includes the materials to build a giant coloring poster and smaller mini-posters to use as guides.
This 19-Page Bundle Includes:
1) Two 4-piece color posters – one with animal outlines and one without, ready to be assembled to 17” x 22” size.
2) Two pages of animals to be cut out and pasted onto the color poster (17 color animals).
3) One color mini-poster of the North American Prairie with animals (as a guide).
4) One 4-piece black and white coloring poster with animals ready to be assembled to full 17” x 22” size.
5) One copy-ready coloring page (8.5 x 11”) of the North American Prairie with animals.
Materials Needed: 16 sheets of heavier (or card stock) paper, scotch tape (invisible tape), glue stick, scissors, markers, colored pencils, crayons.
Instructions for Color Posters:
1) Print 4-piece color poster background on heavy paper. Trim edges on dotted lines and tape together.
2) Print two sheets of (18) animals on heavy paper and cut them out on the dotted lines (animals are not to scale).
3) Check your work on the small poster included in the bundle.
Instructions for Black and White Coloring Poster:
1) Print 4-piece black and white poster background on heavy paper. Trim edges on dotted lines and tape together.
3) Also color the small 8.5 x11” coloring poster included in the bundle.
Copyright © 2020 Sheri Amsel • All rights reserved by author. Permission to copy for classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to classroom use only.
For more than 7,000 pages of science like these, subscribe to Exploringnature.org.