Age: 3rd-6th grade
Procedure: In this activity students will learn to draw each animal and then put them together into a food web. For younger students see, "Making Food Webs with Animal Cut-outs."
1. Have students go to "How to Draw" Section of the website.
2. Have them choose 8 animals to put in their food web. Make sure they choose herbivores and carnivores. (Below is a simple food web with the "how to draw" pages to simplify this exercise if desired.)
3. Using the instructions have them draw all of their animals.
4. Have each kid take a large sheet of paper (11x17) and draw plants at the bottom of the page - grass and flowers.
5. Cut and glue drawn animals all over the page (in the sky is fine).
6. Draw lines from the predators to their prey on the page. Be sure to include herbivores to plants.
7. Write Food Web at the top of the page.
8. Color the animals if they want to.
9. Have them talk about their food webs and why they chose those animals.