New Generation of Science Standards (NGSS) - Middle School Life Science
Appendix H. The Nature of Science
The basic understandings about the nature of science are:
Understanding the Nature of Science (Middle School)
1. Scientific Investigations Use a Variety of Methods
2. Scientific Knowledge is Based on Empirical Evidence
3. Scientific Knowledge is Open to Revision in Light of New Evidence
4. Scientific Models, Laws, Mechanisms, and Theories Explain Natural Phenomena
5. Science is a Way of Knowing
6. Scientific Knowledge Assumes an Order and Consistency in Natural Systems
7. Science is a Human Endeavor
8. Science Addresses Questions About the Natural and Material World
When you research information you must cite the reference. Citing for websites is different from citing from books, magazines and periodicals. The style of citing shown here is from the MLA Style Citations (Modern Language Association).
When citing a WEBSITE the general format is as follows.
Author Last Name, First Name(s). "Title: Subtitle of Part of Web Page, if appropriate." Title: Subtitle: Section of Page if appropriate. Sponsoring/Publishing Agency, If Given. Additional significant descriptive information. Date of Electronic Publication or other Date, such as Last Updated. Day Month Year of access < URL >.
Amsel, Sheri. "Appendix H. The Nature of Science " Exploring Nature Educational Resource ©2005-2020. July 9, 2020
< http://www.exploringnature.org/db/view/Appendix-H-The-Nature-of-Science- >