This is a Sonoran Desert Food Web. See if you can identify all the parts of the food web that make this a functioning, healthy ecosystem. Look for:
The Producers - the cacti, shrubs and plants.
The Primary Consumers – the kangaroo rat, cactus mouse, lizards, poorwill, and desert tortoise.
The Secondary Consumers – the kit fox, elf owl, redtailed hawk, scorpion, roadrunner, and rattlesnake.
The Scavengers – the vulture and beetles.
The Decomposers or Detrivores – mushrooms, insects and microorganisms.
*Try the Desert Food Web Activity.
To make black and white copies for your whole class, see the copy-friendly version below.
Food Chains/Food Webs Flip Chart Set
Do you need a visual aid in the classroom to help teach about food webs? Try the Food Chains/Food Webs Flip Chart Set. Each Curriculum Mastery Flip Chart is mounted on a sturdy easel and features:
• 10 Double-sided, laminated 12" x 18" charts
• Side 1 features a colorful, graphic overview of the topic
• Side 2 serves as a "write-on/wipe-off" activity chart featuring questions, labeling exercises, vocabulary review & more!
• Activity Guide featuring black-line copy-masters & exercises
Set Includes the following 10 charts:
1. Understanding Trophic Levels
2. Rainforest Food Web
3. Desert Food Web
4. Arctic Food Web
5. Coral Reef Food Web
6. Grassland Food Web
7. Boreal Forest Food Web
8. Deciduous Forest Food Web
9. Saltwater Marsh Food Web
10. Freshwater Food Web