This is a Forest Food Web. See if you can identify all the parts of the food web that make this a functioning, healthy ecosystem. Look for:
The Producers - the trees, shrubs and plants.
The Primary Consumers – the mice, squirrels and rabbits.
The Secondary Consumers – the fox and hawk.
The Scavengers – the turkey vulture and fox.
The Decomposers or Detrivores – mushrooms, insects and microorganisms.
To make black and white copies for your whole class, see the copy-friendly version below.
For more information about Food Webs with Activities for K-8: The Everything Kids Environment Book, Adams Media 2007
Food Chains/Food Webs Flip Chart Set
Each Curriculum Mastery Flip Chart is mounted on a sturdy easel and features:
• 10 Double-sided, laminated 12" x 18" charts
• Side 1 features a colorful, graphic overview of the topic
• Side 2 serves as a "write-on/wipe-off" activity chart featuring questions, labeling exercises, vocabulary review & more!
• Activity Guide featuring black-line copy-masters & exercises
Set Includes the following 10 charts:
1. Understanding Trophic Levels
2. Rainforest Food Web
3. Desert Food Web
4. Arctic Food Web
5. Coral Reef Food Web
6. Grassland Food Web
7. Boreal Forest Food Web
8. Deciduous Forest Food Web
9. Saltwater Marsh Food Web
10. Freshwater Food Web