This activity is more about learning plant vocabulary and traits than searching for items. It also works for all age levels by just adapting the vocabulary. You can develop your own list by touring your schoolyard to see what is available.
Below are 10 suggested things that can be adapted for your plant hunt.This version includes the list with the appropriate vocabulary for three age levels: 2-3, 4-6, 7-adult. Make sure to describe the exact area within which they can hunt for the objects. Also, obviously no one can collect a tree, so tell them that if the object is too big (or will hurt the plant to collect it), they can just name or draw it on their answer sheet.
For a higher resolution version of this activity for printing out, see the PDF at the bottom.
All About Plants Flip Chart Set
Each Curriculum Mastery Flip Chart is mounted on a sturdy easel and features:
• 10 Double-sided, laminated 12" x 18" charts
– Side 1 features a colorful, graphic overview of the topic
– Side 2 serves as a "write-on/wipe-off" activity chart featuring questions, labeling exercises, vocabulary review & more!
• Activity Guide featuring black-line copy-masters & exercises
Set Includes the following 10 charts:
1. The Plant Kingdom
2. Plant Cells & Photosynthesis
3. Pollination & Germination
4. Gymonsperm vs. Angiosperm
5. Structure & Function of Plants
6. Adaptations of Plants
7. Plant Reproduction
8. Carnivorous Plants
9. Plants/Trees of North America
10. Flowering vs. Non-Flowering