Exploring Nature has put together a growing collection of activities, experiments, visual aids and quizzes with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) in mind and updated in response to requests from the NSTA science list-serves.
Activities that enhance science education can include:
• observation (study a process) and recording of data
• color, label or draw a model
• complete a diagram for vocabulary development
• species identification though dichotomous keys
• play a game that mimics a biologicL PROCESS (like predator prey tag)
• inquiry-based activities that use more critical thinking. i.e. theory, testing, recording data, drawing conclusions
Publish a Student Research Projects in the Exploring Nature Science Activity collection
By publishing students' efforts in science research online, we hope to act as a catalyst for other students and educators around the country to attempt their own research projects. We also hope to inspire future scientists!
Some of the "activities" are actually mini science unit lectures with illustrated handouts ready to be photocopied for classroom use. They can be used as a resource to for science units, substitute teacher lesson plans, home schooling and even provide educational activities for long car rides!