Integrating Exploring Nature's Science Resources with Next Gen Science Standards
Using Exploring Nature for Classroom Science
• Do a navigational tour of site’s science resources for content development, lesson planning, model building, inquiry, critical thinking, assessment, and enduring understandings.
• Look at a template for Integrating NGSS and UbD into lesson plans using Exploring Nature.
• Using the template walk though a sample lesson plan integration.
• Develop your own lesson plan using the template and resources.
Unpacking the Next Generation Science Standards for Integration
• Science broken down into Disciplinary Core Ideas (DCI) (Appendix E)
• Integrating Crosscutting Concepts (Appendix G) that apply to your lesson.
• Integrating Science and Engineering Practices (Appendix F) that apply to your lesson.
• Integrating the Nature of Science (Appendix H)
• Identify key literacy connections to specific content through the Standards for Literacy in Science.
• Integrate other Common Core Standard Connections (ELA, math, etc.) where possible.
Experience Integrated Activities and Receive Materials
• Experience a number of activities that integrate the resources and standards throughout the day.
• Receive a packet for each activity to take back to the classroom; including copy ready hand outs with investigations, diagrams and models, vocabulary assessment and integrated standards.
Cost for full day program is $750, plus travel expenses. This is designed for a district professional development days with up to 50 educators. Book as many educators as your computer lab will hold.
For more information or to book program dates, call toll free at: 1(888) 497-3765 or 518-962-4977 or email: email@example.com
When you research information you must cite the reference. Citing for websites is different from citing from books, magazines and periodicals. The style of citing shown here is from the MLA Style Citations (Modern Language Association).
When citing a WEBSITE the general format is as follows.
Author Last Name, First Name(s). "Title: Subtitle of Part of Web Page, if appropriate." Title: Subtitle: Section of Page if appropriate. Sponsoring/Publishing Agency, If Given. Additional significant descriptive information. Date of Electronic Publication or other Date, such as Last Updated. Day Month Year of access < URL >.
Amsel, Sheri. "Professional Development for Educators" Exploring Nature Educational Resource ©2005-2017. March 28, 2017
< http://www.exploringnature.org/db/view/4949 >