This is an African Savanna Food Web. See if you can identify all the parts of the food web that make this a functioning, healthy ecosystem. Look for:
The Producers - the trees, shrubs and grass.
The Primary Consumers – the zebras and elephants.
The Secondary Consumers – the cheetah, hyena.
The Scavengers – the termites, vultures and hyena.
The Decomposers or Detrivores – mushrooms, insects and microorganisms.
* Try the African Savannah Food Web Activity.
To make black and white copies for your whole class, see the copy-friendly version below.
Food Chains/Food Webs Flip Chart Set
Do you need a visual aid in the classroom to help teach about food webs? Try the Food Chains/Food Webs Flip Chart Set. Each Curriculum Mastery Flip Chart is mounted on a sturdy easel and features:
• 10 Double-sided, laminated 12" x 18" charts
• Side 1 features a colorful, graphic overview of the topic
• Side 2 serves as a "write-on/wipe-off" activity chart featuring questions, labeling exercises, vocabulary review & more!
• Activity Guide featuring black-line copy-masters & exercises
Set Includes the following 10 charts:
1. Understanding Trophic Levels
2. Rainforest Food Web
3. Desert Food Web
4. Arctic Food Web
5. Coral Reef Food Web
6. Grassland Food Web
7. Boreal Forest Food Web
8. Deciduous Forest Food Web
9. Saltwater Marsh Food Web
10. Freshwater Food Web