- $25/year for an individual, librarian, classroom teacher, educator, or family home subscription
(Small schools with under 300 students can subscribe as an individual)
- $50/year for a medium-sized school subscription with 300 to 1,000 students
(School subscriptions also allow students to use the more extensive website from home)
- $100/year for larger schools with more than 1,000 students
- Multiple schools within a district get a generous group discount. Pricing is calculated based on the individual school price above (using each individual school's enrollment to calculate its price) less a sliding discount -- the more schools that join together -- the bigger the discount!
Email questions to: email@example.com or call us toll free at: 1-888-497-3765
*Subscriptions last for one year from the date of purchase.
High Resolution Poster Series subscribers have download access to high-resolution color posters for the classroom on topics like hibernation, photosynthesis, butterflies, insects, mammals, coral reefs, the solar system, winter birds, carnivores, fight-less birds, penguins, animal homes, coral reefs, camouflage, etc.
Labeling Series subscribers have download access to a whole database of labeling pages for animals, plants, anatomy, farm animals, habitats, etc.
Coloring Series subscribers have access to a whole database of coloring pages for animals, plants, anatomy, farm animals, habitats, etc.
Ecology Database subscribers have access to a whole new database on Ecology with information and handouts on food webs, biomes, the atmosphere, the oxygen cycle, nutrient cycle, etc.
Life Cycles Database subscribers have access to a whole new database on Life Cycles with information and handouts on birds, frogs, butterflies, plants and trees.
Classification Database subscribers have access to a whole new database on Classification with information and handouts on how classification works and examples of classification for humans, amphibians, reptiles, etc.
In the Adaptations Database subscribers will also have access to high-resolution color pages for printable adaptation posters.
In the Biomes and Habitats Database subscribers will also have access to a:
- coloring page
- labeling page
- search and find page and/or
- high-resolution color page for printable habitat posters
In the Wildflowers Database subscribers will also have access to:
- individual coloring pages
- coloring pages by habitat groups (i.e. flowers of the forest)
- a labeling page for flower parts
- flower shapes
- high-resolution posters of flowers grouped by habitats and colors
- high-resolution color wildflower flash cards that can be printed, cut out and laminated
In the Trees Database subscribers will also have access to:
- labeling pages for tree parts, habitat groups (i.e. trees of the boreal forest), trees by leaf shape, life cycles,
- high-resolution printable posters of life cycles, trees by habitat,
- high-resolution printable black and white trees grouped by habitats for easy photo-copying,
- high-resolution color tree flash cards that can be printed, cut out and laminated.
In the Anatomy Database subscribers will also have access to:
- coloring pages, labeling pages
- black & white diagrams for easy photo-copying and
- high resolution color diagram for printable posters
In the Farm Animals Database subscribers will also have access to:
- coloring pages, labeling pages
- a whole barnyard coloring page
- labeling page
- black & white diagram for easy photo-copying
- high-resolution color illustration for printable posters
In the Nature Trail Database subscribers will also have access to:
- a trail guide template for their nature trail,
- high-resolution animal tracks guide for printable posters,
- high-resolution animal guides for printable posters
Everything that was on the Exploring Nature Educational Resource website prior to September 1, 2008 is still free, but a site school subscription offers much more content. Still available free on the website:
- Wildlife Database – with a growing number of animal species (175 mammals, 150 birds, 50 reptiles and amphibians, 33 ocean animals, 12 spiders and scorpions, 50 insects), their information pages and online diagrams.
- Biomes and Habitats Database – with more than 30 habitats and information about the plants and animals found there with online illustrations.
- Adaptations Database – with more than 25 cool animal adaptations described and illustrated.
- Trees and Wildflowers Database – with more than 30 trees and 100 wildflowers, their information, and diagrams.
- Environmental Database – with a growing database of environmental issues kids can research from acid rain to climate change.
- Space Database – with a growing database on planets, moons, the space exploration, stars, nebula, astronomers and their important discoveries
- Anatomy Database – the many body’s systems with color diagrams.
- Farm Animals Database – with a growing number of farm animals, pictures and sounds they make.
- Ask the Zoo Vet Database – with questions, answers and animal photographs from a wild animal doctor.
- Meet the Scientist Database – with a growing database of scientists who have made a difference with their work
- Invasive Species Database – with a growing database of invasive species, where they came from and what effect they are having
- Weird Science Database – with science facts and myths revealed
- New Discoveries and Inventions Database – with a growing database of cool new things happening in science
- Science Activity Database – with more than 100 science activities for the classroom to enhance science education
- Nature Trail Database – with information for developing an educational nature trail at your school
- Monthly Exploring Nature Newsletter with new science activities, concepts, species and a free monthly poster for the classroom.
- Glossary – An extensive glossary with science terms
- A Nature Blog – with monthly stories about wildlife and the outdoors
- A Science Store – with books and games to enhance environmental education and awareness
- School Programs – Programs with published author includes Habitats of the World Slide performance, drawing habitat posters and book signing.